Not many people are able to carry off the bald look. As a result, baldness continues to be looked down upon in our society. The first signs of hair loss, bring in a lot of anxiety in both men and women. At the very first signs of baldness, many men rush to get a hair transplant done. In fact, there are many men who get this procedure done for altering their hair lines or for getting an attractive mane as well.
Understanding The Concept Of Hair Transplant
Simply because many men are opting for a hair transplant, does not mean that all men with hair loss problems should go in for this surgery. It is important to have a proper understanding of this procedure and then take an informed decision whether to go in for hair transplant or not. Hair transplant is a surgery through which hair follicles from one part of the body are moved to the bald area of the body. The area from which the hair follicles are moved is called the donor site, while the bald area is known as the recipient site.
There are two main hair transplant types that are most commonly used for both men and women.
- Follicular Unit Hair Transportation (FUT)
In this procedure, follicular units groups, consisting of hair grouping naturally occurring on the scalp, are collected from a donor site, which is not experiencing hair loss problems, and the same are then transferred to the balding area on the scalp.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
In this procedure, individual follicular units are cut from the back of the head individually and then grafted on the bald area one by one. This can be an extremely time consuming procedure.
- The hair transplant procedure involves the following steps:
– Before starting the surgery, the hair in the donor area is trimmed.
– Local anesthesia is given to the donor site.
– Bald resistant hair follicles present in the donor area are then surgically removed.
– Sutures in the donor area are hidden with the natural hair of the patient.
– Follicular unit hair grafts are then prepared by the surgical technicians.
– Next, the bald area is given local anesthesia and prepared for the transplant.
– Follicular unit grafts are placed through tiny, irregular incisions.
It is important to know the entire hair transplant before and after the procedure before opting for the same. Once the above procedure is completed, the following can be expected:
– Right after the surgery is completed, tiny incisions along with short hair would appear on the operated area.
– These incision marks should heal naturally and the redness in these spots should also vanish within a week’s time.
– Since it is a non-invasive surgery, therefore, the patients should be able to wash his or her hair after two to three days.
Hair transplant surgery is a very simple procedure and does not entail any major danger. However, having complete knowledge about the same, before going in for it, is still very important. All good clinics and surgeons, who perform this surgery, provide their patients with complete information about the same, including the hair transplant cost in Pune.