Rhinoplasty – Nose correction Surgery in Pune
Some of us are unhappy with our nose, either because of its size or shape or because of breathing problems. Rhinoplasty or a “nose job” is one of the most popluar cosmetic surgeries performed worldwide today. The aim of rhinoplasty as a corrective nasal surgery is to reshape the skin as well as the bone and cartilage inside the nose to alter the size and shape of the nose, to a more pleasing aesthetic appearance. Nose surgery also involves a procedure called ‘septoplasty’ that repairs the cartilage that separates the two nasal air passages and can help with breathing problems.
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as “nose job” recommended to patients who desire on enhancing their facial appearance and proportions of their nose. Doctors also recommend rhinoplasty surgery in Pune, India to patients who suffered nose injury, trauma, or nose defects such as impaired breathing.
In simple words, nose surgery in Pune reshapes your nose to both change its appearance and improve your breathing. Performing nose surgery can change the structure of the nose bone, skin, cartilage, or all three. Discuss what to expect from your nose surgery with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon in Pune. He shall run a few tests and examine your health conditions to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for cosmetic surgery in Pune.
To proceed with the surgery, doctors consider the following factors:
- The skin on your nose
- The other facial features, and
- Your expectation from the surgery
If the criteria are fulfilled, the doctor will develop a customized plan to operate.
Why Is Nose Job Required?
Rhinoplasty surgery in Pune ,India gets recommended to patients who need treatment to fix:
- The nose size in accordance with their facial structure
- The nose width at the bridge of their nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the nasal bridge
- Enlarged, drooping, or hooked nasal tip
- Large, wide, or upturned nostrils
- Asymmetrical nasal structure
- A deviated septum
What can I expect after a rhinoplasty procedure?
It is important to remember that human tissue does not behave in the same manner as an inanimate object such as a piece of stone or metal. So, it is unreasonable to expect it to conform to the exact shape requested after an invasive procedure. Thus the amount of scar tissue formed under the skin as well as the quality, thickness, and elasticity of the overlying skin of the nose all will have a major influence on the final aesthetic result.
Meeting Your Surgeon
To perform the rhinoplasty surgery, both you and your surgeon should remain on the same page. Discuss your surgery goals for a realistic expectation. At Karishma Cosmetics, we examine the patient’s medical history and take a few pictures on their nose to determine if you are an ideal candidate for nose reshaping.
Dr. Suresh Sanghvi
M.B.B.S., MS. Mch. FAIS
- Treated 6000pluse patients till date
- Post-graduated from Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Cosmetic Surgery experience from Europe
- Member of Cosmetology Society of India
Before & After
Even the slightest change in your nose can make a significant difference in your before and after facial appearance. We, at Karishma Cosmetics, ensure the patients get satisfactory results. However, in some instances, slight changes are not sufficient, and your doctor might suggest another surgery for necessary changes. Discuss your realistic expectations from the surgery in advance. This way, you and your doctor can workout on the changes and obtain the most impressive surgical outcomes.
Visit Karishma Cosmetics to know more about rhinoplasty surgery in India and Pune before you sign up for it to ensure the best results are achieved out of the operation.
Frequently asked questions :
The final result of a nose reshape operation will be affected by the following factors:
The contour and shape of the face
The texture and thickness of the skin
The inclination of the chin, lip and forehead
The depth of the angle between the forehead and the nose
The healing powers of the tissues
Previous airway obstruction may occasionally be made worse following a nose reshape operation. Severely deformed noses are very difficult to correct and there is always a limit to the amount of correction possible. Improvement and not perfection is the aim.
Normally, following a nose reshape operation, most patients go home on the same day. In rare cases, patients may need to spend one night at the clinic. Until the splint is removed you are advised to:
Rest as much as possible
Sneeze through the mouth
Avoid blowing the nose
Most patients are delighted with the result of their nose reshape operation, which is generally very successful in experienced hands.
It is extremely unlikely for anyone to spot that you have had an alteration to the shape of your nose.
It is always more difficult to achieve an excellent result with further surgery because the original anatomy of the nose has been altered and because scar tissue has been formed under the skin making it extremely difficult to predict how the nose will heal after a further procedure.
Normally rhinoplasty is done after the age of 16 yrs.
A nose reshape operation (rhinoplasty) usually takes about an hour to complete and is most commonly performed under local anesthesia and sedation. In rare cases the patient is administered a general anaesthetic. Local anaesthetic and adrenaline are injected under the skin and the inside of the nose is sprayed with a liquid which numbs the air passages as well as constricts the blood vessels to reduce intra-operative bleeding and post-operative bruising.
A few weeks before the surgery, prepare your body for the new changes. A healthy body will take you towards a speedy recovery. During your visit to the surgeon, he might ask you to make the following lifestyle changes:
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, and other blood-thinning medicines
- Avoid alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Add vitamin C, E, and Iron as your dietary supplements to promote healing
- Inform your surgeon if you take any form of antibiotics, sleeping aids, or pain medications
- Fill your kitchen with “soft” foods and liquid supplements before heading towards the clinic
- In case you suffer any illness, ask your surgeon to postpone the surgery
- After the surgery, you will need someone who can take you back home. Ask a friend or family member to drop you home post-surgery
- After the surgery, you will need someone who can take you back home. Ask a friend or family member to drop you home post-surgery
Your doctor will ask you to wear a nasal splint for the first 7-10 days after the surgery. Mild to moderate swelling or bruising is expected after the surgery, which might last for two to three weeks. Avoid strenuous activity for up to four weeks after the surgery. Your doctor will guide you with the necessary do and don’ts for a speedy recovery.
Any surgical procedure needs extra care and precise steps to follow to ensure a healthy recovery. Also, doing or avoiding any daily habits can heal you faster and reduce any risk of complications. At Karishma Cosmetics, we recommend our patients to understand the steps and procedure of rhinoplasty to grab a better understanding of what to expect from the surgery.
Rhinoplasty improves the proportion of your nose and enhances facial harmony. Depending on the patient’s need to improvise their nose, rhinoplasty includes the following procedures:
- Anaesthesia: Our rhinoplasty surgeon in Pune incorporates medications for your comfort during the surgical procedures. Depending on the case, your doctor might suggest intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- Surgical Incision: Rhinoplasty can either be performed using a closed procedure, where the incisions are hidden inside the nose or an open procedure, where an incision is made around the columella – a narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. The incision is gently made to raise the skin that covers your nasal bones and cartilage to reshape the structure of your nose.
- Nose Reshaping: A large nose can be reshaped and reduced by removing the bones and cartilage. Also, people choosing nose surgery to increase the size of their nose, your surgeon can add cartilage grafts to give your nose a fuller look. Commonly, the cartilage from the septum (the partition in the middle of your nose) is chosen for the procedure. However, the ear cartilage or a section of rib cartilage can also be used for nose reshaping procedure.
- Correction of deviated septum: In case the patient has a deviated septum, it can be straightened, and the projections inside the nose can be reduced or added to improve your breathing.
- Closing the incision: After the underlying structure has been sculpted in the desired shape, your surgeon will redrape the nasal skin and tissue and close the incision.
The Closed Technique
An incision is made inside the nostrils on each side and the skin covering the nose is lifted from the supporting framework of the nose
The nasal contour is changed by removing, shifting or altering the underlying bony and cartilaginous structures. The incisions are stitched and the nose is packed with sterile gauze. A splint is placed on the nose and secured in position with tape.
The Open Technique
An incision is made across the part of the nose between the two nostrils which is called the columella. The part of the columella in front of the incision is lifted forwards and the skin is dissected off the nose to expose the internal anatomy.
The nasal contour is changed by removing, shifting or altering the underlying bony and cartilaginous structures. When the alteration of the deeper structures is completed the incisions are stitched and the nose is packed with sterile gauze. A splint is placed on the nose and secured in position with adhesive tape.
When the size of the nose or the shape needs to be enhanced or enlarged then surgeons perform what is known as Augmentation Rhinoplasty. Augmentation provides an asthetic look to the nose and is most commonly used to increase the tip of the nose. Materials used for augmentation may include alloplasts (synthetic implants), allogenous materials, or autologous implants (grown from the patient’s own tissue).
Typically, Rhinoplasty is a safe procedure, but as with any surgery, there might be few risks such as infection, reaction to anesthesia, or excessive bleeding. There might be a risk you won’t be satisfied with the procedure.
Discuss in detail with your doctor to get realistic expectations out of surgery. At Karishma Cosmetics, we ensure the patients receive the highest degree of standard rhinoplasty surgery to eliminate any risks and enhance speedy recovery.
If you are looking for cosmetic Rhinoplasty to enhance your nose appearance than there aren’t any alternative procedures. Patients considering Rhinoplasty to improve their breathing problems might try using nasal strips as a non-surgical means to correct their breathing ailments.
You might have read many articles and blogs on why to consider rhinoplasty and how to choose the best surgeon for such complex procedures to obtain best results. Professional surgeries and medicines work best when the patient prepare themselves for this procedure with lifestyle changes, food habits, and special care. In this blog, we will discuss how you can prepare yourself for a nose surgery and ensure the surgery work well for you.
How to decide who is the best cosmetic surgeon you can trust with your nose surgery:
- Your surgeon must be certified and accredited by a nationally or state-recognized agency.
- Check whether the surgeon has the required training and experience to perform nose plastic surgery in Pune.
- How many years of experience does the surgeon have to perform rhinoplasty surgery?
- Is the clinic updated with the latest facility and equipment?
- Are you an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty surgery in India, Pune?
- Discuss the risks and complications associated with rhinoplasty surgery
- How long will it take to recover from the surgery?
- What is the nose surgery cost in Pune?
- Discuss the other options available, if any, to reshape your nose
- In case of any medical or drug allergies, bring it to your doctor’s knowledge
Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most individualized cosmetic surgery in Pune, India. People should consider it because they feel like enhancing their looks, not because few people told them to do so. Before proceeding with the surgery, the doctor organizes a session to understand the patient’s need to perform the surgery and whether they are an ideal candidate for the surgery. The decision depends on the following factors:
- The patient must be healthy, both physically and mentally
- The patient should be a non-smoker or quit smoking
- The patient’s facial growth is complete
You can see the results once the swelling goes down, and your doctor removes the nasal splint. Due to swelling, you might find difficulty breathing for at least three weeks. You might witness a more refined look of your nose, once the swelling goes down.
Avoid taking medicines that may inhibit blood clotting or cause post-operative bleeding problems. Quit smoking or stop smoking for at least one month before the surgery and don’t resume it until one month after the surgery. Smoking slows down the healing process, and therefore, it should get stopped entirely.