What You Need To Know About the Best Cures for Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are visible scars in the skin that are caused by the tearing of dermis layer of skin. Stretch marks present an unsightly appearance and both men and women fall victims to them. Typically, these marks are caused due to rapid stretching of skin during pregnancy, adolescence growth spurts, excessive hormone stimulation, weight gain, muscle development and performance steroid usage. It is very much similar to an over stretched elastic band that can never regain its original length on its own.
Although stretch marks are usually noticed in abdomen region, it is also prevalently present in thighs, upper arms and buttocks. Are there are any remedy available for treating stretch marks? Yes, stretch marks can be corrected through non-surgical and surgical routes, says the cosmetic surgeon of Karishma Cosmetic Clinic, renowned for stretch mark removal treatment, Pune.
Stretch marks are usually characterized by their color change. As the collagen layer breaks, skin loses its rigidity and leads to formation of stretch thin marks. Over a period of time, the marks spread and become wide.
- Red or pink shades occur when stretch marks are think and relatively new or have formed up to 1 year.
- Mature stretch marks that are wide and older than one year are usually white in color.
How to get rid?
While non-surgical procedures can be effectively deployed for removal of young stretch marks, it becomes very tough for matured marks (although not impossible). That being said, it is always possible to address those stubborn marks through surgical procedures.
- Tretino in cream: The topical application of this cream helps in rebuilding collagen and turns the stretch marks to look more like your natural skin. The effect of the Tretinoin cream is predominant for stretch marks that are quite young. It should be noted that the results may not be encouraging for all candidates.
- Microdermabrasion: With tiny crystal gently polishing the skin surface, Microdermabrasion is a good non-invasive technique that can be effective for both young and matured stretch marks.
- Thanks to the splendid adoption of technological advances in medical arena, Lasers have become an inseparable feature in cosmetic treatments. Yes, lasers can effectively treat young stretch marks and has the potential to tone down the intensity of white stretch marks when employed in conjunction with infrared skin tightening treatments. As the pulsed laser lights breaks down the stretch marks, it stimulates the production of new collagen and thereby aids in improving the color of stretch marks. The new collagen gradually transforms the texture of the stretch marks and makes it smooth and reduces its intensity.
Surgical route is a good option to get rid of the stretch marks in your body. And the good news is that it can be performed for both options
- By targeting few stray stretch marks
- By completely removing the patch of skin that is densely populated with stretch marks. Usually tummy tuck, medically referred as abdominoplasty is adopted for removing a large area of stretch marks that are below navel. By virtue of tummy tuck procedure, the abdominal muscles get tightened and the excess skin along with all the stretch marks in the lower and mid abdominal region is removed. If the stretch marks are located elsewhere, our cosmetic surgeon would go for an alternative procedure that has similar effects as that of abdominoplasty.
As seen above, the options are wide open and our cosmetic surgeon would recommend the best procedure based on the diagnostic reports, skin condition, density of stretch marks, and their present maturity level. If you are uncomfortable with stretch marks affecting your aesthetic appearance, do contact us. We would gladly help you to get rid of them.